The first Band was formed in the 1850′s at the Pontaman Chemical Works as a Drum and Fife Band, developing later in 1881 to the Betws Brass Band, becoming Ammanford Urban District Silver Band on the grant of urban status in 1903. In the 1920′s its title was again changed to Ammanford Silver Band. An in depth history of the band can be found here.
Today we are a friendly competing band based in Ammanford, Carmarthenshire. We compete nationally in the 2nd Section and supplement our competitions with a range of functions including concerts, functions and carnivals.